Dad

"Do the Right Thing, and You Know What the Right Thing is." -Ken Sheaffer (My Dad)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

See you in Heaven Dad

The Trial started yesterday and ended today.  I was unable to attend yesterday, but did have the honor of representing my father today with my family.  Tomorrow we should hear the verdict.  It will be one of three choices...
  1. Guilty of DUI Manslaughter
  2. Guilty of DUI
  3. Not Guilty
I think I know what it will turn out to be.  I hope justice is served.  All of us, but mostly mom NEEDS this part to be over.  not so we ca forget about it, but so we can remember dad and all the happy times, without this case looming over our heads.  I think we will all gain a sense of peace.

Thank you to all my friends who supported me and my family over the past 2 very rough years!!  We couldn't have made it without year. 

Well no matter what tomorrow brings, no matter how much justice is or isn't served, no matter how much peace we feel or don't feel, I will STILL not be able to hug my Daddy!  I will remember this one last hug for as long as I live!  I love you Dad!!!


See you in Heaven Dad - Nothing will ever change that!

4 comments:

  1. Jeannie,
    Reading this brought me to tears. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that you can now start healing and remember the good times and happy memories of your father. It has been almost 23 years since I lost my mother due to a drunk driver. I miss her every day! But, mostly, the tears have been replaced with smiles when I think of what a wonderful Mother she was. I know she is watching over us from Heaven and is proud of all her children and grandchildren. As I am sure your Father is in Heaven watching over all of you.
    Thoughts & Prayers,
    Vita

    ReplyDelete