Dad

"Do the Right Thing, and You Know What the Right Thing is." -Ken Sheaffer (My Dad)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Update on Emily

I wrote this E-mail to Ben's Mom, it sounded so good, I thought I would share it on my BLOG....
She is really doing great and I am happy with how it is going.

********************************

Emily at Camp Twitch and Shout.
You can see by the HUGE smile, she had a
Great Time!!!!!
The appt today was with Dr. Andrews, the Neurologist.  We have the letter that I will be bringing to Venice High this summer to get an education plan started.  It will give her permission to leave class as needed, turn in homework late if needed and take longer times on tests.  The letter also requests a meeting with parent, staff and teachers to discuss plan. 

Meds - Dr. Andrews is letting Dr. Toufaxis at the "Rothaman Center" regulate the meds.  We go back to see her (well one of her partners because she is having a baby) on July 20th.  The Lexapro will probably be decreased at that time, and possibly the Abilify will be increased, we will see......

Therapy - Habit/Behavior Reversal Therapy will begin on July 25th at the Rothman center as well.  For that she will be seeing Dr. Storch. 

All the Docs at the "Rothman Center" work with the Director - Dr. Murphy.  She reviews all the cases, but we have not seen her yet.  Dr. Toufaxis said we will see her at some point because her specialty is Tourette's Syndrome and because Emily has a severe case, she thinks Murphy will definitely want to see her.

All is going well, Emily is enjoying Dance camp this week, but thinks she might rather cheer again with the Vikings (all her decision).  She has been talking with some of the girls and she thinks she would enjoy it more this year......  I told her the decision is hers to make, but I will support her either way. 

Emily really enjoyed her time at camp and made a lot of great friends.  She wants me to take her back to the "Family Camp" in September.  Kids do the fun stuff and the parents learn about the disease...... it is the same weekend as scrapbooking, but this is MUCH MUCH more important!!!!!  I already have the weekend off, so I am canceling scrapbooking and taking Emily to camp - again!!!!! 

Emily's symptoms are about the same as before, no significant change.....  She is handling it all very well, I am so proud!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment